Technical Support Specialist
Join AdvanTech’s team in Great Lakes, IL to provide on-site support for our Great Lakes Naval Recruit Training Center customers. As the Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for working with other team members and end-user departments and vendors to serve as the customer support liaison with the assigned military clients for the installation, implementation, training and support of the proprietary or contracted software systems.
What you need to join our team:
- US Citizenship
- Possess a current Security Clearance
- 3 years experience in an automated information environment, with a mix of operational and analytical assignments;
- Knowledge of information systems (IT) and automatic identification technology (AIT);
- Knowledge of automated Inventory Management and/or Logistics Information Systems;
- Possess at a minimum current certifications in CompTIA Security 2008+ and Windows 7 Configuration (MS 70-680);
- Excellent communication and client interaction skills;
- Must be self motivated and enthusiastic with a professional manner;
- Proven background in problem solving;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams dealing with multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred plus three or more years diversified technical support experience or Associate’s or Technical School degree with five or more years diversified technical support experience;
- Completion of courses and/or certifications toward CCNA, Windows Server, etc. a PLUS;
- Strong training and PC skills, with experience in Microsoft Windows
- Experience with relational databases to include, but not limited to SQL, Microsoft Access and/or Corel Paradox;
- Demonstrated experience in Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Presentation applications;
- Previous experience with RFID applications is a PLUS.
What you will do:
- You will assist other on-site and off-site AdvanTech team members, and customers with technical assistance and support for installed IT systems;
- Install and maintain PC hardware and peripherals as part of the contract requirements for each client;
- Assist in periodic asset inventories utilizing RFID and barcode technologies;
- Install, test and maintain the applications on the client’s systems as part of any implementation process;
- Prepare, maintain and review all training documentation for general operators who will be or are using the programs being installed;
- Conduct the actual training classes at either the client’s site or other locations as required;
- Promote the Company and the Technical Support Services Department externally (and internally) with verbal and written communications that are competent, professional and customer focused;
- Oversee network management and perform database maintenance/back-up;
- And, conduct periodic physical inventories of onsite hardware as required.
We provide full benefits including:
- Competitive Salary and Raises
- Major Medical Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Credit Union membership
- Yearly Bonuses based on individual and company performance
AdvanTech’s team functions in a fast paced environment supporting our Great Lakes Naval Recruit Training Center client. If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity as a Technical Support Specialist we’d be happy to review your resume. Resumes can be submitted to email@example.com.